Mortgage Assistance Program
If you are experiencing a hardship, such as job loss, income reduction, or sickness due to COVID-19 and you are no longer able to make your mortgage payment, please complete our MORTGAGE LOAN ASSISTANCE APPLICATION which can be faxed to 209-929-1223, or dropped off at one of our branches, or mailed to us at Bank of Stockton, Mortgage Loan Assistance, C/O Special Assets Department, P.O. Box 1110, Stockton, CA 95201. If you need help completing this application, please contact us at 1-877-929-1702. Once we receive your application, we will contact you within 5 business days to acknowledge receipt and let you know if you need to send us additional documents.
Let us help you with your Mortgage Payment
If you are having difficulty making the payments on your home loan with our bank, you may be eligible for a loan "workout" or "modification." We have outlined several options available to you that can provide the financial assistance you need. For additional information or to discuss how we can help you, please call us at 1-877-929-1702. We want to help you keep your home.
Options to help avoid foreclosure:
- Use Other Sources of Payment Besides your Checking/Savings Account such as:
- Selling stocks or bonds
- Using funds from a 401(k)
- Requesting cash value from a life insurance policy
Before you use any of these other sources to pay your home loan, please make sure you understand any penalties or tax issues that may result.
- Repayment plans
- We can work with you to develop a repayment plan for any payments you have missed.
- Loan Modification
- We may be able to modify the terms of your loan. A loan modification could include changing the interest rate, changing the term, or adding delinquent payments to the balance of the loan.
- We may be able to develop a forbearance plan with you if you are experiencing a temporary hardship.
What information should I have available when discussing options?
- All Loan Documents
- Current Financial Statement
- Payroll Stubs/Statements
- Recent Tax Returns
Who can I contact?
Contact the bank toll-free at 877-929-1702 during normal business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This number is valid for all Bank of Stockton customers.
Who else can I contact?
Contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find a HUD-certified housing agency by calling: 800-569-4287 (toll free).